my thoughts on life and God

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My Matthew

From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever. Amen.
Romans 11:36

This sums up the heart of my husband. His life, the message that he speaks of and that he can't get enough of. It's the legacy that he will leave our children and our children's children.

I as his wife want everyone to know how honored i am to be his and to be caught up into this journey with him. He leads like no one i have ever known and i would follow him anywhere.

I cannot tell you how proud i am of him, how much i respect him and how much i cherish his life.

Jesus is so real to me through him. I understand the kindness and tenderness of Jesus in such a special way because He expresses Himself through Matt to me. He brought me 29 yellow roses last night for my birthday and then placed one on my car for when i woke up this morning. Even though he had, had an extremely long day yesturday he came home and cleaned the kitchen for me so that i could rest. And knowing that he had the weight of a 40 page paper hanging over his head he stayed home with the boys so that i could get out of the house for the morning. These are not examples of just one time happenings. This is the norm for him.

He is such a gift to me. I want to tell you that i am so crazy in love with him. i think he is not only the most amazing man i have ever met, but he is the best looking man i have ever layed my eyes on. He totally blows me away. His smile and his eyes capture me.

I could not have picked a better Father for my children. He loves his boys with all of his energy. He is so into their world. He impresses me with the ways he loves them.

He lives and breathes Jesus. He is enthralled by him and he causes others and myself to be in that same place of awe.

Matthew for your ordination on Thursday, i just want to say that i am so proud to be one with you. I will follow and support you wherever the Lord ordains for us to go and i will walk with you in the calling that he has placed before us. i will help you carry the mantle that he has placed upon your life.

For your graduation from seminary on the 6th, i want you to know that i will be the proudest wife in the chapel. I have seen your faithfulness and your perseverence. You've done it!! You have been a student for the glory of his name! I'm your biggest fan.

And last but not least, for your birthday on the 6th- i bless the day that you were born and thank God for every minute that i have been able to spend with you and for every minute that is to come. You will always be the love of my life.

So this is my public declaration of the love that i have for my husband.
He is all that and more!

Thank you Lord for my husband.

Here are some sweet pictures in honor of Matt----

5 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Lele said…

    what a beautiful picture of marriage. thank you, sweet april, for sharing! what a wonderful God glorifying family you are!!

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger carol b said…

    i love you!!! thank you so much for BEing... being a lover of Jesus, being a wife and being a mother. you encourage my heart so much

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Ashley Warren said…

    That touched my heart in more ways than you can imagine. I have so much to be thankful for and it is your (both yours and Matts)picture of Jesus to me that helped me to pick Gods best for me. You are truely a reflection of Him and I could not be more grateful to have seen it. I love you!

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    you have a blog!?!?! that makes me so happy!!!
    april, you and matt are too amazing. separately amazing, but together even more so. loving the pictures... i'm probably gonna be the psycho who saves a couple of them to my computer since i don't get to be around you every day anymore :(
    i'm just happy you have a blog. post all the time so i can read it!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Ashley Warren said…

    April, we miss your blogs. Please post again soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home