my thoughts on life and God

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Choose Wisely

Talked with a girl tonight before Encounter who was desperately seeking wisdom on what I thought about her dating a guy who is Muslim.

My heart broke for her because I knew that she really cared alot about this guy and that he cared deeply for her. I gently told her the truth.

I was praying for her the whole time Matt was speaking. For those of you who were not there he spoke on Christian marriage tonight. It was as if he was speaking directly to her.

I want to encourage you girls to be so careful who you date and who you allow yourself to get emotionally involved with. I remember my mom telling me this very thing because it is so easy and so possible to fall deeply in love with a guy that is not best for you.
I fear that is what has happened with this dear girl I am talking about. It is so hard to accept truth when you have already fallen hard. There is so much at stake for not only this girl but for all who are in an unhealthy dating relationship. Your legacy, your children, your grandchildren, and so forth and so on are at stake. As you are reading in community groups- we are a part of a bigger picture. Your life and how you choose matters!! I could not imagine raising my boys with a husband who was not deeply in love with Jesus. I could not imagine sharing my life emotionally, physically, and spiritually with someone who did not believe in Jesus. Please pray for our sister in Christ that she will listen to the Holy Spirit as he has spoken very specifically to her tonight. Pray that she will have the courage to trust Him. Pray that the Lord will pursue the guy that she is dating and bring him to salvation.
Bottom line is that both of them need a revelation of truth.
One for direction and one for salvation.

Back to the message Matt gave tonight-
Submission is a beautiful thing. It is an honor. It is a priviledge.
If he is going to give his life for me- then i am going to follow him wherever he goes.

I could say much more about this but i am getting tired and have a ton to pack for the retreat.

signing off for tonight- deeply burdened

1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Rachel Kay said…

    oh april, how i miss seeing you and matt every week and watching your little boys grow up. thanks for keeping us updated with your adventures! i went to encounter last week and i cant tell you how comforting it was just to just hear matt's voice. its amazing how encounter has developed just in a couple months, wow. what a blessing you two are. also, i was lucky enough to spend some time with lucy this weekend. she has become a truly delightful dog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home