my thoughts on life and God

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Your Presence

The search for truth and finding it in all its purity is one of the most amazing gifts that Father has given us in His Holy Spirit.
To be set free by His spoken word and to be literally changed by his revelation will forever be one of my greatest enjoyments of His presence in my life.

My bondage is his boast as He breaks the chains that have held me captive, keeping me broken, and dulled to his pursuit.
Chains are as thread to him, binding my assumed reality- but not His.
For the life this world dishes out is of no reality to those who have been called by God to live in His reality.
Any life that is found a part from Christ is actually no life at all.
For all life is found in Him.

The choices given are simple in sound but difficult in the moment of decision.

Will I live from his saving powerful presence to rescue me from any present war that has been waged on my heart.
Or will I give in and become entangled by the threads of bondage designed to keep me paralyzed from moving and having my being in Him.

In my moments of desperation, with fear and trembling, I choose to declare my dependence on You- not for what you can do for me but because in these moments I am drinking deeply of your salvation.
I am being caught up in your ever present help in my time of trouble.

Oh Lord Jesus- you are so good.

Would you boast in breaking me free from my bondage…
Would you marvel at the ways that you have set me free…
Would you delight in yourself as you woo me in my frailty…
Would you be glad to show me the goodness of who you are….
Would you be pleased to hear that you are the best thing that you have to offer…

Jesus your presence in my life means everything to me for without your presence death is my only option.

I breathe you
I glory in you
I boast in you
I delight in you

And I am forever grateful for you

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home